Back in September, I told you about a pattern I’d written for a baby cocoon that looks like a caterpillar. If you didn’t get round to reading it at the time the original post is here. Anyway, I mentioned at the time that I had an exciting announcement to make about the pattern. Would you like to know what it is? Well, here goes!
I’ve decided to host a crochet along (CAL) to celebrate it being my first pattern that I’ve decided to sell.
What you need to know…
- The CAL will start on the 1st of November and run for the whole month.
- You’ll need to buy the pattern here. If you use Caterpillar at checkout, you’ll get 25% off.*
- You’ll need a 6mm crochet hook. I recommend this one from Fleabubs By Lala.
- You’ll need 1 ball of Stylecraft Special Chunky in the following colours: 1246 Lipstick, 1061 Plum, 1027 Khaki, 1062 Teal, 1065 Meadow, 1422 Aspen. I recommend Wool Warehouse for their prices and service.
- Two 25mm buttons to secure the shoulder. I used these from Berry Nice Crafts.
I’ve only used basic stitches to make it a simple pattern to follow. However, you will need to know how to do the following stitches:
- This pattern is written in English standard.
- CH – Chain
- SC – Starting Chain
- SS – Slip stitch
- DC – Double Crochet
- DC2Tog – Double Crochet 2 together
- TR – Treble Crochet
- BL – In Back Loop
- FL – In Front Loop
- FPTR – Front Post Treble
- BPT – Back Post Treble
- HT – Half Treble
- HTD – Half Teble Decrease
- TRD – Treble Decrease
- DT – Double Treble
Feel free to share your creations on Instagram using the tag #caterpillarcal and tag me @gifted_goodies I’d love to hear what you think of my pattern and tell me about the babies you plan on making it for.
There’s no prize for being the first to finish or for making the cutest cocoon or baby but it’ll be fun to get involved.
I’ll be tweeting about it to remind you all about the CAL. Follow me @gifted_goodies
Don’t fancy making the cocoon yourself? Why not buy it for just £20 when you use caterpillar at checkout in my Etsy shop.*
NB: If you want to sell small quantities of your creations, I don’t mind but I would appreciate a credit with a link to my Ravelry store.
* Coupon codes only valid from the 7th of October to the 30 November 2016.
+Minimum spend if £5 in my Etsy shop.