While I was walking the dog this morning and listening to a dramatic bible reading, I had an idea. Yes! It hurt my head but I felt it was a good idea so I wanted to share my idea with you!
So, I was looking at the trees and bushes and the river and how lovely the weather was and how much I enjoyed it. I shared a few pictures of my walk using the the tag #autumnaldogwalk.
Anyway, as I was walking I was thinking about my Autumnal Dog Walk Cowl that I’m designing as part of the Initiate Knit Design Challenge. Normally, I either keep my sample or I put it in my Etsy shop for sale. However, I wanted to do something special with this sample so I decided I’d have a giveaway.
I wanted to celebrate the season and the beauty of the leaves are change from green to brown and falling from the trees. I also wanted to see what other people enjoy about autumn. So I’ve decided to have an Instagram giveaway. I want you all to share with me what inspires you about autumn and use the tag #autmnalwalks
I actually have TWO prizes up for grabs!
PRIZE 1: I’m going to need a test knitter or two when I’ve finished the pattern so I’m going to choose two people from the entrants to test knit it for me. You’ll need about 145m/158yds* of chunky yarn, a pair of 8mm, 35cm long straight needles, an 8mm crochet (although the size of the hook isn’t vital you can just use the nearest size you have) and some scrap yarn for your provisional cast on.
PRIZE 2: I’m going to give my sample knit away after I’ve finished photographing it to somoeone to wear on their Dog Walks. The sample is being made with Hayfield Chunky with Wool which is really soft and snugly. It’s wide enough to be folded in half to keep your neck warm or to wear over your mouth and nose if needed. I promise I’ll wash it before I send it out to you!
- To make it easier for me and fair on everyone, please could you just enter for one of these prizes.
- You must share a picture on Instagram celebrating autumn and its beauty using the tag #autumnalwalk and tagging me @silverykitty
- If you don’t have an Instagram account, comment here with your answer
- In the description of your post, tell me a little about where you are and what inspires you about autumn and what you love about it
- Please state which prize you would like
- You must be following me on Instagram
- Entries close at 19:00 on the 1st of October when I’ll chose names using random.org
- Winners must contact me with 7 days of the closing time to claim their prize
- You don’t have to be walking the dog or have a dog in the picture or even own a dog, you can share a school run picture or any random walk picture! You just have to be walking and use the right tag
- Be creative and share pictures of the sun streaming through leaves or glistening water in a stream or a leafy lane. The possibilities are endless!
- Please only enter once because otherwise I’ll get confused!
- Please don’t take any risks when taking photos. The nights are drawing in so please don’t go out in the dark on your own and if you go out with someone wear reflective clothing. And don’t stand in the middle of the road to take your picture. Please be sensible!
So enjoy your autumn and tell me what it’s like! Be safe and have fun!
I look forward to seeing your pictures.
* Edit: I ended up just using one ball of Hayfield Chunky with Wool so the pattern has been adjusted accordingly.